Are you looking for some fun STEM sessions for your Guides and Scout groups? Do you need some help to achieve your Digital Makers badges? Or would you just like to bring some technology to your club hut? We love running our sessions for local Guides and Scouts groups.
Age ranges: all age ranges can be catered for
What: We’ve listed some example sessions below however we can also do 3D design and robotics. If you have a particular theme in mind please get in touch as we can also design a session to suit you.
Cost: £60/hour. This includes all of the equipment, from internet to laptops and robots. This is for a maximum of 34 students.
Where: We will travel up to 50 miles from DE1 (Derby City). We charge 25p per mile over 10 miles.
All staff are DBS checked, we also ask that leaders stay with the group to help keep everybody focussed!
Stage 1 – 1 hour session
- Make your own arcade game!
- Design your characters and background
- Code instructions to make your character move around
Stage 2 – 1 hour session
- Create an animation on the micro:bit
- Use the sensors to program the micro:bits to find things that are lost
- Play a game of hot & cold with the micro:bits
Stage 3 – 2 x 1 hour sessions
Micro:bit / Raspberry Pi Pico
- Identify a Scouting need prior to the session
- Program the micro:bit or pico to use the sensors and address the identified need
Session 2: (Optional – could be run by group leaders)
- Review and present the projects to the wider group
Stage 4 – 4 x 1 hour sessions
We would identify a Scouting need at the start of the sessions. The content will then be tailored to the group and will include programming of the BBC micro:bit / Raspberry Pi Pico and additional sensors.
This work will be shared with a wider audience e.g. a younger section, local group or a submission to an online competition.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book one of these sessions.